Monday, June 10, 2019

Trials can purify our hearts

Following His plan and becoming a builder of the kingdom require selfless sacrifice. Elder Orson F. Whitney wrote: “All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, … purifies our hearts … and makes us more tender and charitable, … and it is through … toil and tribulation, that we gain the education … which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven.”​​​​ These purifying trials bring us to Christ, who can heal us and make us useful in the work of salvation.

https://www.lds.org/languages/eng/content/general-conference/2016/04/what-shall-we-do

Ether 12: 27 ​And if men come unto me I will show unto them their ​​​weakness​. I ​​​give​ unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my ​​​grace​ is sufficient for all men that ​​​humble​ themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make ​​​weak​ things become strong unto them.

Weakness can become strong through faith during trials

Psalms 34: 
17 ​​The righteous​ cry, and the ​​Lord​​ heareth, and ​​​delivereth​ them out of all their troubles.
19 ​Many ​are​ the ​​​afflictions​ of the righteous: but the ​​Lord​​ delivereth him out of them all.

Afflictions come to all

Notes from conversation after accident

Get a list of things other people could do for me

Family
Ward
Work

Get a person in each to be the contact person

Self care can be 5 minutes or 10 minutes don't make it so hard. Intentional about it and make it my own place.

Voice mail with daily report- Email to daily report

Picnic table conversation FHE about Life Changed this day and how are you feeling about ?

Some of it will get better and some won't  We can't change it. What can we change?

We will get through it because that is what families do

African Proverb says

If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment