Monday, February 17, 2014

My life was saved at Lake Powell



Heavenly father is real and he loves and protects us. I know that is true because it
has happened to me.

"Let us never forget to pray. God lives. He is near. He is real.
He is not only aware of us but cares for us. He is our Father.
He is accessible to all who will seek Him."
~Gordon B. Hinckley


When I was about 18 our family went to Lake Powell a really fun recreation spot in Utah.  We had all gone into the marina to getting gas and goodies in the boat and as we were leaving it was really choppy and crowded.  I had pushed us off from the dock to get us safely away but had been unable to get all the way into the boat and was hanging off into the water off the front of the boat. My father was ttying to safely navigate the boat out of the marina and other boats without crashing amid the waves. My siblings and friend were trying to pull me into the boat but the water was sucking me down under the boat. My arms were getting tired and I was losing strength.

Suddenly I felt a push from under me push me up into the boat and although we had all been trying to get me safely back into the boat. Suddenly and miraculously we could. I know angels saved me that day and helped me get safely into the boat.

What a blessing to know we are not alone and don't have to navigate this world alone. I am so grateful for the divine help I received that day at Lake Powell to keep me safe

No comments:

Post a Comment