Sunday, October 5, 2014

Lesson ideas Prepared in a Manner That Never Had Been Known



Prepared in a manner that never had been known


This week as a family we will be studying this talk and I have prepared some things to help our family learn about the messages in this talk for us.
First my 6 year old asked for some "people he could cut out" so I found some Captain Moroni and Stripling warrior Paper dolls. Fun!!



 
Here are some of my notes when I heard this talk "How am I preparing me and my family for the blessings of the temple? How am I like Moroni "preparing in a manner that never had been known"? Like Moroni am I building up a protecting wall and mounds of dirt and towers to watch? Am I diligently working to protect my family and help them prepare to receive the blessings of the temple in their lives and continue to attend the temple often?  This preparation needs to be steady, constant, and dependable. We need to be more diligent in our preparation to add drops to our lamp to prepare ourselves and others to enter the temple.


 This story always reminds me of helms deep in the Lord of the Rings 



In the story of the 5 wise and 5 foolish virgins when the foolish come from the market trying to buy more oil for their lamps the bridegroom says "Ye knew me not."  Not that he didn't know them but that by their lack of preparation they didn't know him. 



One of my goals from this talk was to attend the temple every week. Taking family names as often as I could and taking family members with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment