Thursday, November 27, 2014

Catching Kayla



Been thinking about this amazing story for about 24 hours now. Several things I have thought about:


I am so grateful for a healthy body that helps me run my race of life.


I have thought about the scripture Ether 12:27


 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto
men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all
men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves
before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become
strong unto them."



Kayla is a great example of this. Through her persistence and  perseverance she was able to make her weak things, MS and no feeling in her legs, become a strength thatthoughtless people claimed gave her an unfair advantage. Watching her collapse and loose control at the end of each race showed how hard she had to fight her weakness each race.


I have also thought about many scriptures where the Lord is like the Coach willing to catch us when we are out of control and  exhausted.


3 Nephi 9:14  Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold,
mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.



Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


Jesus Christ is my coach and is always at the finish line to catch me when I am exhausted and needful. I love my Savior and am so grateful for His strong arms to catch me.






No comments:

Post a Comment