Friday, January 30, 2015

Lessons from Hebrews today



Wanted to share two scriptures I found in the temple this week.

The first will be going on my wall to remind me of my one word  Contentment. This website will explain the idea of choosing one word for the year to focus on.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Been thinking about how covetousness is the opposite of contentment?? Working on that idea still. 
Some I have mentioned my new word to have said "It is human nature to be seeking something new and better" And I guess the natural man is human nature. And I wouldn't want to become so content that I don't try to progress or make things better.  But it is covetous to always seek for things that are better.  Seeking the Kingdom of God and His righteousness we are commanded to do so that is correct seeking.

Second made me smile.  My son, serving in Mexico as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints, was transferred several months ago to a new area.  They had basically no investigators when he got there and has gone from 10-15 lessons to about 40 in the time he has been there. This scripture made me think of him

Hebrews 11:2 For by it (Faith) the elders obtained a good report.

He was so happy about his "report" of 40 lessons and I know it was by Faith that him and his companion were able to obtain a "good report".

Highly recommend Hebrews 11 and the discussion on Faith. It was a joy to read and taught me a lot about the examples of faith in the scriptures.

Found this great study guide today and loved what it is teaching me

No comments:

Post a Comment