Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I too can be a witness of the Book of Mormon

I have been working through an amazing resource from the Red headed hostess blog. Her Book of Mormon journal has been such a blessing to me. It requires me to think more deeply and in more detail about each facet of the Book of Mormon and the questions are so powerful.

One of the first surprises was the part about the testimony of the 3 and 8 witnesses. I have always sort of skipped over this part. Not because it wasn't important to me. Knowing there were witnesses to verify what Joseph said was true was important but it seemed I understood that part and could move on.  But her question was Which parts of the testimony did you have to be there to experience and which parts can you say?  This was powerful for me because it helped me connect in a powerful way to the things that the witnesses of the Book of Mormon said.

I found 10 things that the witnesses said in their testimony that I too can say.

"We know that the plates have been translated by the gift and power of God. His voice has declared it unto us." I know this because I have had a witness from the Holy Ghost born to my soul that it is true many times. I know the power of God is found in the book and that I gain that power in my own life as I study it daily.

"We know of assurity that work it true." I too know it is true and that I learn new truth that blesses my soul each time I read from it's pages. Feasting is a scripture word for a special kind of scripture study and truely fills your soul.

"We declare with words of soberness" and "We testify". Both of these I too can say. I love the Book of Mormon and testify of its truth and power to bless our lives and fill us with greater light and truth.

"We give our names to the world to witness of the Book of Mormon" as a full time missionary to Taiwan and as a mother to the most important people in my life I give my name to the world that the Book of Mormon is true. I testify that it has blessed me and helped me as a mother in my most important and overwhelming work and mission. Raising children is a challenge and I am so grateful for the blessing of the Book of Mormon to teach me how to do it and to bring me to Christ so I too can direct my children to the Savior. I love him and know that the Book of Mormon guides us to him.

"We lie not." I too lie not about my experiences with the Book of Mormon. It has brought me great joy and happiness. I love it and my Savior with all my heart.

I too am a witness of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I can say God has declared the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon to me again and again. I know that what Joseph Smith said is true through my own experience " A man (or woman) will get nearer to God through the Book of Mormon that any other book." I know of assurity that work is true. I testify of the truth, peace, happiness, and power that the Book of Mormon has brought into my life. I have also seen first hand the power of the book in the lives of others to bring them to Christ and help them change and grow.



"I want it absolutely clear when I stand before the judgment bar of God that I declared to the world … that the Book of Mormon is true." Jeffery R Holland Safety for the Soul





No comments:

Post a Comment